Apr 10, 2009

Misunderstood

I can't handle being misunderstood. If somebody assumes the wrong thing about me, I just can't let it go, and it haunts me for days. I think it's the thought that people hate me for who I'm NOT that bothers me the most. They hate me for what they THINK I am, because they are paranoid and delusional. I think I take it personally because I'm supposed to be a communication expert. Frank Luntz says, it's not what you say, it's what people hear. But it's also true that you can't please all of the people all of the time. There will always be someone who's going to shit on you. Still, I get mad when people misinterpret my intentions. When they morally condemn me for being an evil person, they cross the line. I never shame other people and I hate being shamed. I think this is the most destructive way to tell someone that you think they're doing something wrong:

"HEY YOU'RE EVIL AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. "

Well thanks for letting me know. What am I supposed to do now, punish myself? That was very helpful of you to point out how evil I was. It must feel pretty good that you're not evil like me. It must feel pretty good to point your finger at me and be the morally superior being.

It's absolutely intimidating and bigoted. Why do you have to condemn me if I'm not hurting you in any way? I believe it's hypocritical to claim that you are fighting for other people's rights. What are you, the protector of the Universe? By morally condemning me, you are essentially claiming that I should change. Who are you to tell me how to live my life, if it doesn't affect you in any bad way? Fuck you in the neck, I am not changing for your delusional cause. Helping people... you wanna be like mother Teresa or something? Fuck your hypocrisy, man, I'm sick of moral preaching faggots like you.

You claim that manipulation is evil, and yet you are trying to manipulate me into changing, and manipulate other people's opinions about me. You are like the politician who claims that guns kill people, and threatens people with a gun to prevent them from buying one. What a fucking hypocrite. Fuck you in the neck. You're assuming what is good for other people, instead of focusing on your own preferences. You have no sense of self, because you hate who you are; and you project this by shaming your perceived enemies, who can't live up to your unrealistic irrational standards, that you yourself can't satisfy.

Why is it that I care so much about what strangers think of me? What makes them so important to me? Why do I feel the need to justify myself to such unimportant faggots? This shit makes my life stressful. I can't deal with rejection when I find it to be unjustified. I should be able to accept that people are free to interpret my intentions as they wish, and take responsibility for the consequences of their misinterpretations. I'm open to advice.