Jan 28, 2009

Drugs, Bro!

I've been very fierce in my criticism against mind-altering substances, and I've been wondering why I take it so personally when somebody openly discusses their experience with drugs in front of me. I get offended and I start raging. It's basically the same feeling that I get when some football fan is talking to me about THE GAME and how THEY won. I guess I just find it irrelevant and definitely not worth discussing. It's hard for me to justify my preferences, because my social life depends on that. And I don't wanna lose friends only on the basis of their unhealthy habits, because we all have those. But it's just so alienating to be the only non-smoker in the group... I don't feel that I belong there anyway. They all share their cool stories, bro, and I'm just sitting there trying to make smalltalk, being on the lookout for things I could actually relate to. Of course, I naturally get ignored and secretly resented. So why bother coping with that shit? Stupid potheads talk about weed 50% of the time. I don't care if they smoke, that's personal. Doing drugs is against my values, but I can't impose this belief on others - it's a subjective issue. Keep it to yourself.

I'm raging. I've been a witness to the endless media hype and propaganda (movies, TV shows, music) encouraging marijuana. It's making me so sick. Potheads are brainwashed and it pisses me off because they claim to be freethinkers. Weed conveys a certain lifestyle and social status and they fall for that. They're all fucking smug about smoking it, because everybody wants to be cool guy the world. You're just as bad as the snobs who wear ugly expensive brands. Your brand is the smell of shit, the inadequacy of a retard, and the bullshit of New Age trends. Way to go, fagets. Wake up, you're not cool. You're a subculture of clowns. Being in an altered state of consciousness can only give you subjective creativity, which is worthless in the free market, unless you get lucky. Otherwise, you die in a trashcan. If you wanna come up with some genius shit, better study science. It's amazing! It'll give you much more inspiration than your own fucking internal irrational projections that the substance inspires you to perceive. You're all clowns and you take your philosophy from stand-up comedians and novelists. That's pathetic and it only shows how limited your imagination is, despite the expanded conscious awareness you so claim to acquire.

Wake up, you're not cool. You're the victim of peer pressure. One can no longer actively socialize without getting into drugs. How pathetic is that, American culture? You're all about drugs and football, just like British culture is about alcohol and soccer. It's sad that such interaction doesn't lead to any productive outcome, besides primitive secondary gains. That's my main beef with the subcultures: the self is lost along the lines. It's a high level of smalltalk and nothing more. It's hypocritical to claim to be open-minded and then surround yourself with your aesthetic clones.

Butt hurt? Yes, I am.