Dec 22, 2008

Product Placement

How come critics always use product placement as an argument against the quality of a movie? If I were producing an independent movie, I would overload it with as much covert advertising as I can. I would rely on smaller companies that have proven their worth, like Shasta Beverages, Sam's Choice, Frito-Lay, Jack Link's, ConAgra Foods, and many others. I'd get a whole bunch of them advertise in my awesome movie. Nobody has done smaller companies so far. It's great fun.

Nowadays, it's popular to purchase cheap unpopular products, especially if they are badly advertised and look like shit. There is some sentimental value in getting crap like that. It's also a bit extreme. You never know what's gonna make you beg to vomit before you kill yourself. I would plug these kinds of products for free, I don't care. People will have fun spotting them in the store after watching my film. It will be like finding Waldo. Some might even need to travel to California in order to enjoy the wonderful taste of the local beverages. Reminds me of White Castle: a fast food chain based on the illusion of scarcity. People travel hundreds of miles just to stuff themselves with a bunch of turds that taste good only because they're small-sized and rare. And if you ever watched "Faggot & Faggot Go to White Castle", and you happen to be a homosexual, you might get even more hyped about tasting a shit sandwich yourself. I fall victim to the pop culture, guilty as charged. What I say about others applies to me as well, in this case. Except I go for some faggotry other than White Castle. It's all for a good cause: Capitalism. Help small business develop, I am always glad to. And what better way to do that, than to advertise them in my super smash hit movies!

I'm really sleepy, last night I slept for 17 fucking hours. I feel like this blog entry is silly and it doesn't have a good point, nor do I have the experience with movies to really claim that product placement is a good thing for their independence. I guess I'm putting this out for the movie directors reading, because I'm curious if that really is the case. I know a lot of celebrities read my blog for a fact. Don't be shy about leaving me a comment, nobody would believe it was the real you anyway, you've got nothing to lose. Give it a shot, dummy!